Studio Policies and Practices – Updated March, 2023
Our policy regarding enhanced hygienic practices — sanitizing, masking, filtering, and air circulation — has been effective in minimizing transmission of COVID-19 and its many mutations. Frequent and thorough handwashing remains a very effective hygienic strategy for reducing the spread of both viral and bacterial illnesses, while distancing and masking effectively prevent airborne transmission of both flu and Covid viruses.
1. Class Size Changes
YPL contains exposure by limiting class size.
- Privates are unaffected. The popular New Client Intro 4-Pack remains available.
- Duets and Group classes are on a case by case basis. Contact (email or call) the studio for details.
- Mat classes are also on a case by case basis.
Class descriptions and availability are updated on our Mindbody client site.
2. Enhanced Hygiene and Sanitizing
Your Pilates Lifestyle has always maintained a rigorous policy of students taking responsibility for equipment sanitizing as an integral part of Classical Pilates instruction.
We’re interrupting viral and bacterial disease transmission (droplets (cough or sneeze) and aerosols (breathing)) with antiseptics, masking, and by making sure the air is continuously exchanged and filtered using constant on MERV 13 filter equipped HVAC and a HEPA equipped air purifier.
We use a specially formulated EPA registered antiseptic gym wipe to clean the equipment that’s effective in limiting not just SARS-CoV-2 but other viruses and contact transmitted disease as well.
- The instructor wears a mask. Pleated masks are available on request.
- Upon entering the studio, clients will use hand sanitizer or wash their hands before beginning their session.
- After each session, students will clean the apparatus in the usual fashion, using the provided Force antiseptic gym wipes.
Non-apparatus protocol: Door knobs, lavatory handles, and other commonly touched hard surfaces are wiped down frequently. Soft surfaces, the changing room, and the bathroom are regularly disinfected with an FDA approved sanitizing spray.
If you use the bathroom during your session, remember to wash your hands thoroughly when finished. Sanitizing wipes are provided for cleaning hard surfaces.
Finally, if for whatever reason you think you’re getting sick, stay home. The late cancel policy won’t apply, just call so we can make the necessary adjustments to your account.
3. Environmental Changes
To prevent airborne transmission of both bacteria and viruses we use a MERV 13 HVAC filter, and a Medify medical grade air purifier, to control suspended contaminates.
- HVAC now uses a hospital rated MERV 13 return filter.
- Studio air is also circulated by a stand-alone air purifier that uses a true HEPA medical grade 3 rated H13 filter.
The A/C, air purifier, and the bathroom fan, run continuously during classes. The purifier filters the studio air every 15 minutes, through a HEPA medical grade 3-stage H13 filtration that’s rated 99.95% efficient at trapping particles as small as 0.1 micron – well within the size range (0.15) of COVID19. It also snags a lot of other airborne stuff we don’t want to breath.
The purifier also has an ionizing function that helps disable particles as well. This feature runs for two hours after each day’s last session.
Help Us Help You Stay Safe
This combination of established practices and new policies helps protect clients and staff by interrupting community spread of airborne and contact diseases. Covid vaccination has brought us closer to a safe, sensible resumption of our familiar Classical Pilates instruction, and we’ll continue following best practices for an active, indoor environment.