Studio Policies and Practices – Updated June, 2021
As the rate of vaccination increases our policy regarding enhanced hygienic practices — sanitizing, masking, filtering, distancing — continues, with modifications. Frequent and thorough handwashing will always stop contact COVID in its tracks, while distancing and masking effectively interrupt airborne transmission.
1. Class Changes
Depending on the vaccination status of students, YPL contains exposure by limiting class size and observing distancing.
- Privates are unaffected. The popular New Client Intro 4-Pack remains available.
- Duets and Group classes are on a case by case basis. Contact (email or call) the studio for details.
- Mat classes are also on a case by case basis.
- Social distancing continues to be observed.
Class descriptions and availability updates will be posted here as conditions change.
2. Enhanced Hygiene and Sanitizing
Your Pilates Lifestyle has a rigorous policy of student responsibility for equipment sanitizing in accordance with Classical Pilates instruction.
We’re controlling the primary methods of COVID virus transmission (droplets (cough or sneeze) and aerosols (breathing)) with antiseptics, masking, and by making sure the air is continuously exchanged and filtered using existing and auxiliary equipment.
We use a specially formulated EPA registered antiseptic gym wipe to clean the equipment that’s effective in limiting the spread of viruses, including the 2019 SARS-CoV-2.
- The instructor wears a mask when the vaccination status is unknown. Clients are requested to do so as well. Pleated masks are available on request.
- Upon entering the studio, clients will use hand sanitizer or wash their hands before beginning their session. Sign-in will be completed by the instructor.
- After each session, students will clean the apparatus in the usual fashion, using the provided Force gym wipes.
Non-apparatus protocol: Door knobs, lavatory handles, and other commonly touched hard surfaces are wiped down frequently. Soft surfaces, the changing room, and the bathroom are regularly disinfected with an FDA approved sanitizing spray.
If you use the bathroom during your session, remember to wash your hands thoroughly when finished. Sanitizing wipes are provided for cleaning hard surfaces.
Finally, if for whatever reason you even think you’re getting sick, stay home. The late cancel policy won’t apply, just call so we can make the necessary adjustments to your account.
3. Environmental Changes
To prevent airborne transmission, the A/C filter has been upgraded to MERV 13, and our Medify medical grade air purifier helps control suspended contaminates.
- Switched HVAC to a MERV 13 rated return filter.
- Added a stand-alone air purifier that uses a true HEPA medical grade 3 rated H13 filter.
The A/C, air purifier, and the bathroom fan, run continuously during classes. The purifier filters the studio air every 15 minutes, through a HEPA medical grade 3-stage H13 filtration that’s rated 99.95% efficient at trapping particles as small as 0.1 micron – well within the size range (0.15) of COVID19. It also snags a lot of other airborne stuff we don’t want to breath.
The purifier also has an ionizing function that helps trap particles as well. This feature runs for two hours after each day’s last session.
Help Us Help You Stay Safe
This combination of established practices and new policies continues to help protect clients and staff by interrupting community spread, using hygienic best practices and new technology to combat disease. And while vaccination has brought us closer to a safe, sensible resumption of our familiar Classical Pilates instruction, we’ll continue following CDC’s best practices for an active, indoor environment.